( View Printable )
Division: Information Technology
Classification: FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION
Contact Phone Number: 503-838-8925
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
|All Student Email|
|RESPONSIBLE OFFICER||UNIVERSITY CONTACT|
|Vice President for Finance and Administration||The Office of University Computing Services|
The intent of the policy is to fulfill the need for standards and consistency in email communications approved for distribution to the all student email address list. The Acceptable Use of Computing Resources Policy states that access to university computing resources may be explicitly or implicitly limited.
Office of University Computing Services:
|FULL STATEMENT OF AUTHORITY|
Western Oregon University limits and monitors access to the use of the all student email address list.
The following standards apply:
• Postings to the all student email account are explicitly limited to university-related or sponsored business, courses, events, and activities.
• Postings may be submitted by members of the University community only; i.e. faculty, staff, and representatives of chartered student organizations.
• Postings shall comply with related university policies and standards, such as the Code of Student Responsibility and the Acceptable Use of Computing Resources Policy.
All submissions to the all student email address list must:
• Contain all of the following information within the body of the email: state what the event or activity is, where and when the event will be held, if there is a charge for the event, the name of the WOU organization that is sponsoring the event, and specific contact information for questions such as a telephone number or email address. The disability accommodation statement is required: If you have a disability that may require some accommodation in order to participate in a Western Oregon University activity, please notify the Office of Disability Services, [503-838-8250 or email email@example.com] at least 72 hours in advance.
• Be free of misspellings and inaccuracies.
• Be submitted at least five (5) days in advance of the event. Postings submitted less than five days in advance of an event are not guaranteed review.
All student email submissions that solicit participation in classroom/student research projects are required to submit separate documentation to the list administrator that the project has been approved by the faculty advisor of the WOU Institutional Review Board. The posting cannot include the actual survey or questionnaire.
|REFERENCED OR RELATED POLICIES|
|RELEVANT DOCUMENTS AND LINKS|
LAST UPDATED: 08/11/2016
HISTORICAL DETAIL NOTES:
SOURCE: Previously Referred to as: FA-UCS-001
|FOR POLICY WEBSITE INPUT (public audience keyword search)|
|Email, consistency in email|