Division: Student Affairs
Classification: ACADEMIC & STUDENT AFFAIRS
Contact Phone Number: 503-838-8930
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
|Student Conduct Personnel|
|RESPONSIBLE OFFICER||UNIVERSITY CONTACT|
|Vice President for Student Affairs||Office of Student Conduct|
|The WOU Community|
|FULL STATEMENT OF AUTHORITY|
(1) Upon the recommendation of the Dean of Students, the Vice President for Student Affairs approves the members of the Committee which consist of no fewer than three Faculty members, three professional unclassified Staff members, and no fewer than six Student members. The Faculty and Staff members will serve for three years on a rotational basis so two experienced members of each classification serve each year. Term of membership may be extended for Faculty and Staff members at the discretion of the Office of Student Conduct. Student members serve for one year with the option to renew membership at the discretion of the Office of Student Conduct until the Student graduates from the University.
(2) The Office of Student Conduct solicits nominations for Faculty appointments from the Department or Division Chairs and the Faculty Senate President. The selection process, which includes interviews, will be completed by the end of each Spring term to fill whatever Faculty vacancies exist.
(3) The Office of Student Conduct solicits nominations for Staff members from the Administrative Support Council and non-academic departments. The selection process, which includes interviews, will be completed by the end of each Spring term to fill whatever Staff vacancies exist.
(4) The Dean of Students may nominate a Faculty or Staff member to emeritus status when they leave their rotation. This status recognizes outstanding service to the Committee by a member. Members of this standing could still participate in Committee hearings, business meetings and social events, but would not be required to participate. Members of this status also could serve the University and the Committee, including its advisor, in a counsel and historian role. Final appointment to this status is made by the Vice President of Student Affairs of the University.
(5) The Office of Student Conduct solicits nominations for Student appointments by the end of Spring term from the Residence Hall Association (RHA), the Associated Students of Western Oregon University (ASWOU), and the Vice President for Student Affairs. Each organization and the Vice President submit to the Office of Student Conduct a list of Student nominees. The Office of Student Conduct interviews all nominees and then selects Students for the Committee. Ideally, a balanced number of Students from on- and off- Campus should represent membership on the Committee. If the Office of Student Conduct does not receive nominations by the end of Spring term, they may, with the approval of the Vice President for Student Affairs, follow a different procedure for selecting Student Committee members. Mid-year vacancies on the Committee will be filled through a brief nomination and interview process conducted by the Office of Student Conduct.
(6) The Office of Student Conduct convenes the Committee early in Fall term of each year for orientation and training. Faculty, Staff and Student members of the Committee must attend training as a condition of their membership. Faculty, Staff and Students who do not attend training during the Fall and at other times during the year will be removed from the Committee.
(7) The Committee reviews and recommends to the Vice President for Student Affairs appropriate changes to the Code. However, the Vice President for Student Affairs, the Office of Student Conduct or any other Campus individual or group may also recommend changes at any time. The Office of Student Conduct coordinates proposed changes with appropriate campus groups and notifies interested parties to review the revision. Upon completion of the review process the Vice President for Student Affairs will recommend the changes to the President for final approval. The revisions become effective when filed with the Oregon Secretary of State's Office.
|REFERENCED OR RELATED POLICIES|
|RELEVANT DOCUMENTS AND LINKS|
LAST UPDATED: 08/11/2016
HISTORICAL DETAIL NOTES:
This policy previously was an Oregon Administrative rule.
SOURCE: Previously Referred to as: WOU OAR 580-010-0089
|FOR POLICY WEBSITE INPUT (public audience keyword search)|
|nominations, Student nominees, Student Conduct Committee|