Division: Student Affairs
Classification: ACADEMIC & STUDENT AFFAIRS
Contact Phone Number: 503-838-8930
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Introduction (Code of Student Responsibility)|
|RESPONSIBLE OFFICER||UNIVERSITY CONTACT|
|Vice President for Student Affairs||Office of Student Conduct|
|Faculty, Staff and Students|
|FULL STATEMENT OF AUTHORITY|
(1) Western Oregon University has a fundamental interest in the education and conduct of its Students. The academic, social, and personal development of a Student through the Student’s University experience involves a fusion of the learning process with the development of a coherent and consistent system of ethics, as well as adherence to standards of behavior created and accepted by the University community.
(2) All Members of the University community have a responsibility to maintain a level of behavior that reflects favorably upon the person and the University. The University requires that all Students be responsible for their own conduct. The University expects Students who live on and off Campus to abide by local, state, and federal laws as well as University policies, procedures, and regulations, including this Code.
(3) The Code will be applied impartially and without regard to age, disability, ethnic background, gender, race, religious or political affiliation, sexual or gender orientation.
(4) The application of the standards within this Code applies to individuals, clubs, educational activity groups, other student groups, and any individual student who is registered for one or more credit hours, including on-line courses, is enrolled in a special non-credit program approved by the University, or who has been accepted for admission, housing, financial aid, or any other service or benefit provided by the University which requires student status.
(5) This Code was adopted on September 1, 2012, became effective September 1, 2012 and supersedes all other previous conduct codes.
|REFERENCED OR RELATED POLICIES|
|RELEVANT DOCUMENTS AND LINKS|
LAST UPDATED: 08/11/2016
HISTORICAL DETAIL NOTES:
This policy previously was an Oregon Administrative rule.
SOURCE: Previously Referred to as: WOU OAR 574-031-0000
|FOR POLICY WEBSITE INPUT (public audience keyword search)|
|responsibility, policies, procedures, regulations, students|