Division: Business Affairs
Classification: FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION
Contact Phone Number: 503-838-8201
Contact Email Address: BusinessOffice@wou.edu
|Driving and Parking Regulations on Campus|
|RESPONSIBLE OFFICER||UNIVERSITY CONTACT|
|Vice President for Finance and Administration||The Business Office|
|Faculty, Staff and Students|
|FULL STATEMENT OF AUTHORITY|
(1) Persons driving or parking on campus are responsible to read, know, and adhere to Western driving and parking regulations.
(2) "Valid Permits" — All persons parked on campus lots must display a current recognized parking permit. Permits are required 24 hours per day Monday through Friday, excluding State holidays except when classes are in session. Vehicles with permits obscured or not clearly visible or displayed may be cited for "no permit."
(3) "Parking Availability" - Lack of or overabundance of parking spaces are not valid reasons for violating parking regulations.
(4) "Parking Stalls" — Vehicles must park within indicated parking spaces only. Parking in any area not designated as a parking stall is prohibited.
(5) "Secondary Permits" — Persons who have primary and secondary permitted vehicles may only have one vehicle on campus at a time.
(6) "Parking Enforcement" — All parking regulations are enforced 24 hours per day, seven days a week. No Permit, Expired Meter, and Wrong Lot are not enforced on Saturdays and Sundays.
(7) "Speed Limit" — Parking lot speed limit in all lots is 10 MPH unless otherwise posted.
(8) "Signage" — Persons driving or parking a vehicle are required to comply with all signs and pavement markings on campus parking lots and access roads and must drive in a safe and prudent manner. This includes fire lanes, crosswalks, lawns, loading zones, bike lanes, stop signs, and all other traffic control devices. (Enforcement officers will issue citations for these violations on University property.)
(9) "Fire Lanes and Driveways" — Vehicles parked in fire zones indicated by either a yellow curb or signage are in violation and may be subject to a citation or impoundment at the owner's expense.
(10) "Loading Zones/15/30 Minute Zones" are available throughout campus for the convenience of persons loading or unloading their vehicle. Maximum time allowed is 15 minutes. Thirty (30) minute zones are available in front of Heritage Hall. Maximum time allowed is 30 minutes. Permits are not required in 15/30 minute zones.
(11) Parking spaces for persons with disabilities - All parking lots meet or exceed the State requirements of ORS 447.233 for disabled parking availability. Violation of these statutes will result in a fine as specified in ORS 811.625. Persons with disabled placards, permits or license plates are required to purchase or have on their vehicles a valid Western parking permit.
(12) "Vehicle Impoundment" — Western reserves the right to boot and/or impound vehicles that: have three (3) or more unpaid citations or $100 or more owed in unpaid parking citations; are parked in fire lanes, loading zones, entry ways or driveways that prevent the safe continual flow of pedestrian or vehicle traffic; cause imminent danger; have been abandoned in excess of 72 hours; have stolen or misused permits; and are being driven or are owned by persons in violation of criminal trespass and other Oregon Revised Statutes and authorized by a Western Administration level official who deems it in the best interest of the University. Release of a booted, towed or impounded vehicle will be made upon cash payment of all outstanding fines with Parking Services located within the Cashiers Office.
(13) "Recreational Vehicle" — R.V.'s and trailers are not authorized to park on campus overnight with the intent to reside in the vehicle, based on Monmouth City Ordinance 62.330.
(14) “Compact” vehicle parking — Vehicles parking in spaces marked “COMPACT” must not exceed 5 feet 6 inches in height and 15 feet 6 inches in length.
|REFERENCED OR RELATED POLICIES|
|RELEVANT DOCUMENTS AND LINKS|
LAST UPDATED: 08/11/2016
HISTORICAL DETAIL NOTES:
Stat. Auth.: ORS 351.070 & 352.072
Stats. Implemented: ORS 351.070, 351.072 & 352.360
Hist.: WOSC 1-1992, f. & cert. ef. 4-16-92; WOSC 1-1994, f. & cert. ef. 8-12-94; WOU 2-1998, f. & cert. ef. 7-24-98; WOU 2-1999, f. & cert. ef. 7-27-99; WOU 2-2001, f. & cert. ef. 7-30-01; WOU 3-2002, f. 10-7-02, cert. ef. 10-15-02; WOU 3-2003, f. & cert. ef. 10-28-03; WOU 2-2012, f. & cert. ef. 7-31-12
SOURCE: Previously Referred to as: WOU OAR 574-085-0070
|FOR POLICY WEBSITE INPUT (public audience keyword search)|
|parking, on-campus, vehicle, permits|